[Spridgets] : Racer guys Engine help

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 17:04:01 MDT 2014

I FOUND A PROBLEM!!!

May not be the only one but it sure looks like it.  When turning the engine
over with someone else watching the valvetrain it was obvious..  valve
adjuster screw was broken!  Found the broken end and was able to remove the
bit left in the rocker arm.

          BUT

The threads are messed up in the rocker arm and if I measure the threads on
the adjuster it's a perfect match for a 27 pitch which just doesn't sound
right.  So oh wise, king, and patient folk, what should it really be..

And it was the exhaust valve on #3 so it would push all the compressed
air/fuel right into the intake manifold.

UGHH..

A second set of eyes makes a difference.

Thanks for all your help so far folks!

Lester