[Spridgets] Coil - Help

Martyn Ridley ridleymj at brant.net
Fri Jul 18 13:20:46 MDT 2014

I have just replaced my third coil in 12 months.  The latest new coil
lasted less than 10 miles.  In both recent failures the car was running
very well and just quit.  Replaced coil and ready to go again till........

Coils were Lucas DLB100, car is positive earth, CB = + (same for my
positive earth MGB)

I have read the Chicagoland and MGA with Attitude articles as well as
Moss and several others.  I am told coils fail from heat but I do not
remember the coil I changed out being extra hot.  I have yet another
DLB100 in the car but I am reluctant to use it until I know what is
going on.

Beer therapy and a good night's sleep have not helped.  Ideas, Please!

Cheers,
Martyn