[Spridgets] Bad braking

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Mon Jan 20 11:10:40 MST 2014

"England is a DAMP country!" J   Seriously, though, in some areas, moisture
is not really a problem.  However, you are quite correct in your statement
about moisture being retained in the line as a free (separate) fluid.

Back in the 70s, silicone was widely used in race cars over here.  I don't
know when it fell into disfavor, but I suspect it was after some of the
"warts" begin to show up (such as the fact that it will not absorb
moisture).

Also, it is my understanding that none of the major chemical companies still
produce the stuff and the stuff that is out there, now, varies greatly in
it's performance characteristics.  I know of at least one "high-end" Porsche
restoration shop that no longer uses the stuff, due to concerns over the
actual composition of the stuff.

Then, there are others who swear by it, simply because it is so
non-destructive to paint/coating systems.

For the record, I am not an advocate of silicone brake fluid.

Bud