[Spridgets] Electrical Problem

Trevor Jessie trevor.jessie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 08:22:15 MST 2014

DOH! Solved.

Thanks to this list and the MGExperience forum, I was able to put 2 and 2
together.
The first thing I tested was the hazard switch. It tested fine. Remember
this was an intermittent problem. Then someone asked if some wires would
have been damaged by welding repair ... LIGHT BULB! I had welded a patch in
the floor and ground down the weld and the console box was laying in the
other footwell. It turns out that metal shavings in the hazard switch was
causing pins 8 and 3 to contact (sometimes) and since the fuel pump was
wired into green instead of white circuit ... Bob's yer uncle. Cleaned out
the switch and we are back to normal.

Thanks.