[Spridgets] 1275 clearance in FROG AYE

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 12:21:16 MST 2014

Listerati,
Have any of you who have a 1275 in a bugeye experienced clearance at the
front?
Using one of Paul A.'s 5-speed kits I have very little clearance at the
front.  Initially I thought it was only because I have mounted a trigger
wheel on the front with a Cooper S Style damper and pulley.  But I noticed
that the front motor mounts are pushed forward, "pre-loaded" as it were.
Gerard has a transmission mount that should solve the problem, but it
requires pulling the engine, which I really don't want to do again.  Has
anyone else experienced this?  If so, what have you done about it?

Hal