[Spridgets] Dashboard Modifications

Bruce Hamper brucehamper at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:35:45 MST 2014

I changed the pillow dash of my 69 Sprite for a wooden dash. Building a
wooden dash takes time, but it's really straightforward. The dash screws
along the top ridge of the body work and is a flat surface. Any flat panel
can be cut and attached with screws. My wooden dash is 3/4" mahogany and
looks very nice. I'm a woodworker, so that was fun if time consuming.  I
also have a metal flat panel dash that I used as a template and as a full
dash while I built the wood dash.
Spridgets of the pillow dash years are easy to change since the mounting
surface and screw attachment points are all in place.  Just take your time
cutting and fitting and you'll be happy with the end result.

Bruce in St. Louis
Mahagony Dash '69 Sprite