[Spridgets] Oil Pressure vs Quantity

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Aug 13 16:17:10 MDT 2014

Decreased discharge volume, due to excessive "lift", is not usually much of
a problem with a positive displacement pump (which a gear pump is).
However, with a little bit of wear, it can become an issue.  Centrifugal
pumps, on the other hand (an example would be our car's water pumps), loose
volume fast, when the lift distance is increased beyond a certain point.
Bud