[Spridgets] Cam removal on 1275 in car

Ewing oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 10:15:58 MDT 2014

Hmm..  that sure is a thought..  I've got everything but the head pulled and
at this point glad that I did.  I mean why not..  arrgghh..

Pulled gears off, which meant pulling the front cover off, which meant pulling
the front pulley off, which meant removing fan and pulley, loosening the
generator to get belt off, jacking the engine up enough to clear the front
bolt, which meant taking motor mounts off and the intake and exhaust manifolds
off (Exhaust hit underneath car limiting movement),  bending heater core shelf
to get enough height to remove pulley, which meant undoing steering rack to
allow enough space for 3/4" driver underneath.

Hell, all that I have left is the head.

Once it's off I can take the damn thing piece by piece to my shop and let it
keep the slab from lifting!

But that is a good idea..

Lester

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/oldsaabguy@comcast.net