[Spridgets] Sebring sprite siting locally

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 09:19:07 MDT 2014

I'm guessing the chassis number is AN5 8145 which has been for sale for $135k
at Fantasy Junction for a while.  I'm not sure the provenance of this as the
#54 car has been conclusively established.  The 54 car was driven to a class
win by Phil Stiles and Hugh Sutherland in the 59 Sebring 12 hours.  This car
was restored by Butch Gilbert and at that time was identified as the #53 car,
which finished in second place in class.  Fantasy Junction states the 53 car
was destroyed while being towed to a race in Wisconsin.  I'm not saying
there's any misrepresentation on anyone's part and the car number discrepancy
may merely be an issue of more info being obtained over time.  If I were
paying a premium for a Sebring "class winner" I'd like to see the proof that
it's the right car.  Still, the pictures show it to be a really nice car and
I'd be happy to have it in my garage.

Rick

"Madman in a death
machine"