[Spridgets] 58 Ford F-100 Value of Wrap Around Rear Window?

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 20:41:42 MDT 2013

Just bought a 58 Ford F-100 today for 3k.  Straight 6 . . runs perfect.  No
rust . . straight body.  3 from the column converted to 3 on the floor.  I
hear that the wrap around rear window adds to the value.  I actually was
not aware of this.

Before I bought it I did a thorough check on Hemmings for asking prices of
F-100's of the same year . .  as well in the same realm, a couple years
before and after.  I could not find one for less than the asking price of
10k with restored and better examples much higher.  So I figure that I am
not at much risk paying 3k for a nice example although in primer gray.  I
plan to shoot it in factory two tone, a slight off white top half and red
bottom half.

Does anyone know about this wrap around rear window in terms of adding to
the trucks value?  I was told by some folks today who saw it in a parking
lot that the wrap around rear window by itself would be very expensive to
source if anything happened to it . .  almost close to what I paid for the
truck.

Kirk