[Spridgets] 58 Ford F-100

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 19:10:52 MST 2013

My 223 6 sprung a head gasket leak at the back of the head.  I used a
product called Irontite which is allegedly the best of the bunch.  It was
recommended by a retired dealership mechanic friend.  He used it on a older
Nissan with a blown head gasket.  Two years later the car is still holding
up.

Closely following the directions it stopped the leak . .  It would be very
nice to get a year or so out of it.  I flushed the system . . allowed the
engine to cool overnight before applying.  That 223 head (solid lifters) is
a beast to remove.

Has anyone heard of Irontite as one of the better formulas for this type of
"buy some time" repair?

Kirk

59 1275
At the body shop for a soda blast and respray in Wimbledon white.