[Spridgets] Ribcase reassembly question

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Tue May 28 19:20:06 MDT 2013

Mark,

Do you have a copy of the Haynes manual?  Believe it or not the transmission
reassembly instructions in the haynes manual are better than the factory or
Bentley manuals.  If you don't have a copy I can try to scan the appropriate
pages and send you a copy.

As a former Tech Writer I never thought I would be recommending the Haynes
manual over the factory manual.  For the most part the Haynes manual is crap,
but in this case they have better instructions.  Sheesh, what is this world
coming to.  :-)

Rick
(watching the tornado warnings on TV)

Sent from my keyboard

On May 28, 2013, at 7:35 PM, "Mark Haynes" <haynes386 at netzero.net> wrote:

> I know that they are shown (kind of) in figure f.3, my question is, when do
> these go in, and do they then get captured by the selector shafts?
> The figure is ambiguous at best, so they go between the 1-2 and 3-4, and
> between the 3-4 and reverse. If everything is in neutral, then there should
be
> adequate detents to allow the next shaft to go in, correct? Then why do I
see
> 1/2 of the ball when I put it into the hole between 1-2 & 3-4, with the 1-2
in
> neutral?
> At the moment, I've got 1-2 and reverse in place, but can't get the balls
into
> their respective holes and out of the way of the 3-4 shaft.
>

> Mark Haynes
> It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
> HAN6L12977
> AN5L8016