[Spridgets] Old dog, new tricks?

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Fri May 24 18:43:46 MDT 2013

So this isn't related to Spitfires, but close enough.

You may have seen my post on Facebook about the Midget with the loose carbs.
Fixed that, still having trouble.

So Ricky is Mike's full time mechanic, I just get called in once in a
while for odds
and ends.   Ricky went to tech school, learned a lot, great worker,
smart kid.  I've
been working on LBCs longer than he's been alive.  We had a minor
disagreement
today.

So this rough running Midget with the 1275, dual SUs.  Put your palm
over mouth
of the front carb, the idle speeds up and smooths out.  Put your palm
over the rear
carb, engine stumbles and dies.

I won't offer who said what about that indication, what do YOU think?

mjb.