[Spridgets] Blanking sleeve and blocked bypass again...

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 25 20:15:26 MDT 2013

I was just googling thermostats.  Some modern ones are two stage affairs so
that when they open they have another valve that closes the bypass.

A solution that might work for you and I.   Drill a small bypass hole (maybe
around 3/16") in the thermostat itself.
That will allow a small amount of flow to bleed past to let the thermostat
know things are warming up.

I don't know,   The more I think about it, it might just be best to run
without the thermostat.
I'm curious anyway,  I'd like to see how cool it runs with the bypass
blocked on a hot 105F day.

If I'm driving it on a cool day I'll just get on it harder to make it warm
up.