[Spridgets] Looking for a Motor Porter, VW dealer item ...see image.

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Wed Mar 20 08:30:34 MDT 2013

I wonder how many they actually sold.  I've never seen one before and I was
very involved with air-cooled VWs (and getting back into them, again, now)
back when they were new.  I know the dealers around Pittsburgh never used
them, nor did the VW dealer I worked for in Alton, IL.  Pretty neat devices,
for sure.  Still, most  VW guys (myself included) did just fine with a
conventional floor jack.  When combined with a shop lift (the dealers used a
4 post model, which was pretty much the standard for VW/Porsche service
departments), the floor jack made short work of an engine r&r for an
experienced mechanic.

Lin, you might want to keep your eyes peeled, at Import Carlisle.  You just
never know when something like that might show up.

Bud