[Spridgets] anyone ever hear of a factory Mk I Sprite, w/boot/trunk lid?

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Tue Jun 25 06:59:36 MDT 2013

Every so often someone produces a "rare" find of which none of the recognized
authoritative sources have any knowledge.

Is it possible that Donald or
Geoffrey Healey cut a hole in a Sprite rear deck and fit a boot lid?
Certainly, but at this late date it is unlikely since it was never mentioned
in any of Geoff's books and since nothing ever surfaced from even the rarest
of photo archives.

PS I for one vividly remember the eBay Bugeye with the
"factory" trunk lid. Like other "factory" boot lids, the ones that have seen
on the internet are all be in the United States and not in England.

jay
fishbein
wallingford, ct
61 Innocenti Spider

63 Pink Sprite Mk II
Bud Osbourne <abcoz at hky.com>; Spridgets <Spridgets at autox.team.net>
>Sent:
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:38 AM
>Subject: Re: [Spridgets] anyone ever hear of a
factory Mk I  Sprite, w/boot/trunk lid?

>Do you remember the rusted out
red bugeye that shows up on e-bay ever few years,