[Spridgets] 1275 vacuum advance

Jon Paschke jpaschke at bak.rr.com
Thu Jun 13 14:52:56 MDT 2013

Nope, vacuum advance is only for mileage,  think about it when you got
your foot in the gas the throttle plate is open to the the air so there
is no vacuum because air is allowed to flow to the engine, when you are
just cruising the throttle plate is about closed so there is vacuum from
the restriction and safely advances the timing. When you step on the gas
the vacuum goes away and retards the timing to keep the motor safe.
Racers don't use a vacuum advance as they have no use for good mileage
and to much advance kills motors.