[Spridgets] kind of spridget related

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Tue Jun 4 10:20:22 MDT 2013

  In my case it would be because I want to continue using the same wire
wheels and already spent a large sum of cash rebuilding the brakes with
beautiful 13" finned drums that are very visible through the 18" wire
wheels.  Making the drums alone was $3,200. Switching to a front wheel
drive would eliminate that, the goal is not to make a hot rod (I sort
have 2 already, not traditional hot rods but really fast), the goal is
just to get the car on the road and make it reliable enough for my wife
to drive it work a day or 2 a week and also for us to take it up Hi. 1
to Monterey once or twice a year.

  I am not against switching the rear axle to better match the
motor/gearbox combo and I have a late (1974?) MG Midget rear axle that I
could put in BUT I will ONLY do that if I can adapt my back plates and
use my brakes and wheels to that axle, the MG axle is about 3/4" wider
than the Singer one so that is not a issue.

  I do have a friend with a wrecked S2000 that I could maybe get the
engine/gearbox/axle from but before I do that, I think I would just sell
the car and let someone with lots of cash restore the original motor and
make it a trailer queen.

     mike