[Spridgets] kind of spridget related

lotuspilot at frontier.com lotuspilot at frontier.com
Tue Jun 4 06:42:20 MDT 2013

Mike,

I know what I would do.  Have you ever seen or better yet driven a
2010-2012 Honda Fit?  That 1500 Honda Fit engine is the ultimate "new"
Coventry Climax 1500.  Standard with no tweaking - it puts out 120 hp on
regular 87 pump fuel.  They even make all of the stand alone engine control
electronics as it is used to replace Formula Ford 1600 engines.  They have to
actually detune the engine to run it in Formula F.  The entire engine is
aluminum and it is SOHC with i-vtec.  The engine has good torque low end but
wakes up above 5000 revs.  redline area begins around 7000.  Once the vtec
changes the valve timings it is a serious screamer.   The engines from low
mileage wrecked Fits sell very cheaply on ebay -around $500.  All you would
need to do is make an adapter plate etc. for a Spridget trans.  Even the
clutch looks like a Spridget/BMC part.

Cool eh.

Mike