[Spridgets] Bugeye Fender Bead

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 19:02:59 MDT 2013

Take a look at this:
http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?90893-Replacing-Fender-Bead
ing&highlight=bead

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy
Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo

________________________________
 From:
John Mac <nonrunningmgb at yahoo.com>
To: spridgets at autox.team.net
Sent:
Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:31 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye Fender Bead
Yo,

I've been a lister (lurker) for quite some time and now and beginning the
restoration of a 1959 Sprite.  Great list and a lot of helpful friendly
people.  One of the 5000 things on my list is replacing the rear fender bead
that is starting to rot off.  My question:  what is the best way to separate
the fender?  I was considering cheaping out and cutting it off then soldering
the new one right over the seam but I would rather do it properly.  I have the
spot weld hole saw drill bit that is a pain the @ss and also considering the
Dewalt 5/16" shouldered self pilot drill to remove spot welds.  Is there an
easier way?

Thanks,

John MacDonald
Hollis, NH