[Spridgets] The transmission WORKS!

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 14 18:17:37 MDT 2013

Congrats Mark! Well done.
 - David

________________________________
 From:
Mark Haynes <haynes386 at netzero.net>
To: spridgets at autox.team.net
Sent:
Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:24 PM
Subject: [Spridgets] The transmission WORKS!
I just thought that I'd update everyone on the ribcase rebuild. I finished
reinstalling the engine and all yesterday and took it for short drive today (I
had some tire rubbing issues), The transmission works smoothly and
effortlessly through the gears. I wanted to be sure to thank everyone who
helped out a various times: Rick Fisk for the Clymer and Haynes Gearbox
sections, Jim Seippel for being 'on call' when I reassembled the detents the
first time, Gerard Chateauvieux for confirming that first gear was assembled
correctly, as well as everyone else that gave me support in affirming that I
really COULD rebuild a transmission. I DID IT!
I know that these are
relatively easy, but they are still full of balls and
springs that DO go away
if you aren't careful enough.
In case anyone needs one, I now have the tool to
hold the first gear detent
balls in place and get the slider itself into
place. I'm willing to share, as
long as it comes back.
Thanks again to
everyone and I'll put some pics up on the sprite experience as
soon as I have
a chance.
BTW, this was for the MKII, not the BE.

Mark Haynes
It only goes
one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016
Raise the Minimum
Wage
Tell the GOP: it's time to raise the minum wage
spridgets at autox.team.net

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested
annual donation: $12.75