[Spridgets] Car shipping

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 04:50:52 MST 2013

Not sure if these guys even move cars alone, but Atlas Van Lines moved a car
for me as a part of a whole-house corporate move a few years ago. Won't bore
you with all the details of the horrible experience, but suffice it to say the
car (A freshly-painted, almost complete restoration of a '70 Triumph Spitfire)
showed up close to a month after it was scheduled to arrive.  There were
either dents or scratches or both on every single body panel when they
unloaded it. It looked like the idiots had pushed it onto the truck with a
tow-motor, sat things on top of it, and leaned over it with large belt
buckles. At first they said it must have been like that when they loaded it...
Then they tried to give me $500 for the damages. It took months of phone calls
and threats of lawsuits to finally come up with enough money for the bodywork
and another paint job.

Stay away from the Orange truck people!

 - David
Booker