[Spridgets] : 5 Speed

Gerard pixelsmith at gerardsgarage.com
Thu Jan 17 14:26:01 MST 2013

Rick, thank you for the link and your generous remarks. I tend to agree with
your opinion  :-)

Hal,

My kit is a similar design to The kit you have (Morriservice), but with a
number of improvements over the original. I also recommend and supply the gear
reduction starters.

The impetus for the 3/4" MC for disc brake conversion in early Spridgets was
from me back around 2007, and developed in concert with Joe at Sierra. Paul
never offered those. If you check the Sierra Specialty web site, you'll see
Joe makes a point of mentioning the development. However, Joe retired on
December 31st, so these master cylinders will now only be available through me
from now on. Lots of info here:

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/Garage/Tech/DbrakeUg.htm

The clutch slave issue is a hard one to get around, given the physical
limitations, but there are solutions. I have also addressed the driveshaft
yoke issue with a simple solution, as well as an alternate solution to the
heater plenum modification. Many people peter not to modify the original sheet
metal. My kit comes with instructions and templates on how to avoid it.

Overall, I have made enormous improvements in quality, not limited  to, but
especially with the CNC parts. Jeff Schlemmer, who removed his Rivergate in
favor of my adapter plate and seal kit, gives a glowing recommendation on the
MG Experience Forum. For those of you that know Jeff, you know he's super
particular about fit and tolerances.

Since your engine position is determined by the front motor mounts, your issue
with the pulley has no bearing on the kit installed. The clearance is a common
issue with a 1275 and the thicker damper pulley.

Cheers!

Gerard