[Spridgets] Bob Kitterer's Bugeye video interview

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Thu Jan 17 10:01:17 MST 2013

Hello Lin and list,

There is a lot to say about this video. So will try to get the thoughts organized.

Lin's questions:

The color in the video is close but this color makes slight changes depending on the light.  I am not sure I have ever had a picture that I feel really shows the color but will see what I can find for you.  In more recent years I have seen a few cars painted "Nevada Beige" that were almost brown.  However if you can find the older PPG Foreign Car color chips / codes they are almost a perfect match to the color on my car.  The paint formula differers only by one drop of paint.

The most glaring error in the video is that I said the car took Best of Show in a number of events, that should have been First in Class.  Below is some information on how the video was made and perhaps I can be excused for such a mistake.  The other sort of errors are in the sequence of photos.  Some of the pictures from the frame up are shown with the original conversion and visa versa.

At the time this video was made my first wife, Annice, was still alive.  She was very much into the car as some of the older listers are aware.  She frequently, almost daily, contributed to the list.

Background on the video:

I think this video was shot in 2001 or 2002, I could be wrong, although the disk has a copy write of 2005.  This was one in a series of 10 or 12 shows that he was hoping to sell to one of the cable video shows.  That was not successful so he has been selling individual disk.

All the raw video was shot in about three hours and was an unscripted interview.  J. Daniel Jones ask questions and what you see are the off the cuff answers.  All of the still shots are from my collection of posters and photos.  After the raw video shoot I had no input into the final product and did not see it until it was finished.  I would have liked to correct my error and had the still photos arranged in a different order but I suspect that most of the video shows we see suffer from this same condition.

The video quality is excellent and I always enjoy my dealings and conversations with Daniel.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes