[Spridgets] Observations and impressions for bleeding the 1500 clutch system

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Tue Feb 19 16:18:34 MST 2013

A few years ago I discovered a simple little trick to bleed those pesky
clutch systems.  Empty all of the fluid from the system including the
master.  Hook up a new pump type oil can with a foot or two of hose that
fits over the slave bleed nipple.  Fill the oil can with brake fluid and
pump the fluid up hill to the master.  It will push the air the way it
wants' to go anyway, up.  It worked for me, one person and one attempt.

Mark
Nashville

Subject: [Spridgets] Observations and impressions for bleeding the 1500
clutch system

Observations and impressions for bleeding the 1500 clutch system

There have been a few threads posted to the forums recently on problems
bleeding the 1500 Midget's Hydraulic clutch system.  Since I just recently
had
similar issues I thought I would post my observations, impressions and
solutions.

>From my experience the most successful way to bleed the clutch on the 1500
Midget is to have a high fluid flow rate so the air in the system gets
caught
up with the fluid flow and pulled out along with it.