[Spridgets] Sudden Loss of Clutch

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:56:49 MST 2013

While entering the freeway Thursday night for a quick run across town . .
just as I was entering I lost my clutch.  My brake line came away from
where it was positioned and held in place (rather poorly . . obviously) and
touched the positive pole on the battery . . sort of a plasma cutter
reaction which burned enough of a leak in the tubing for sudden loss of
signal.

I ordered a new line from Moss. In the interim I stopped by the hardware
store and bought about three feet of brass tubing.  I cut the brake line at
the point of the hole and using JB Weld on each end I snugged the slightly
larger tubing over both ends.  It happened to be a perfect tight fit.  I
bled the system and It has been holding fine as I wait for the new line to
show up in the mail.

Another interim shade tree repair that might prove to be "interesting."

Kirk