[Spridgets] non LBC Subaru Outback Info: Now Minivan

Jody Kerr jodyfkerr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:17:04 MST 2013

Overall they're great. My mum has had a succession of them from 1984 onwards.

The only complaint that I have on the post 1997 ones is that the
mandated TPMS valve stem is a total piece of rubbish, especially
anywhere that it gets wet. My mum's current 2008 had a pair of them
fail and I went round and round with Chrysler until I eventually told
them where they could put their factory valve stems. Schraeder sells
an aftermarket unit that's an old style brass & rubber valve stem but
still has the correct 433mhz TPMS. Had those put on her car and now I
don't worry about her driving it any more.

The stow & go seats are awesome! Our brood 'o kids is going from 2 to
3 in a month or so and we'll likely sell our old explorer and get one
of the Town and Country models.

If they do go down this route I've got all the part #s for the valve stem/TPMS.

Jody