[Spridgets] FW: Light for oil and temp gauge

Dean Swanson d.swanson at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 4 18:24:35 MST 2013

Ryan,
Assuming your replacement gauge is a Smith's, then I think there are two
different ways they are lit:

1) External Bulb - Slots around the O.D. of the case:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290851529420

2) Internal Bulb - Bulb inserted into the rear of the gauge:

http://0.tqn.com/w/experts/MG-Car-Repair-3786/2011/04/Smiths-Dual-Gauge.jpg

If you shine a flashlight up under your dash and the gauge lights then it is
probably the external bulb type.

Depending which type you have I'm sure someone on the board can probably fix
you up with the proper bulb holder.