[Spridgets] Weather-Minor LBC content

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 18 21:26:54 MDT 2013

Global warming?  Bring it on I say.  We need a warmer world.

To heck with the melting polar caps.  To heck with the polar bears.
What did they ever do for you? Or a seal for that matter.

Let me put you in a cage with the polar bear and you can tell me if they
need to be "saved".
They are an evolutionary dead end anyway.  Don't sweat the polar bears..

Ask any eskimo and he will tell you that hanging out in an igloo freezing
your but off
and watching out for rogue polar bears is no fun. OK?  They too, long for
tropical bliss.

Speaking of thermal issues...

Remember I put the new head on and the bypass was blocked?  I was worried
that I needed
to remove the thermostat (or drill holes into it).

Well. I removed the thermostat to see how it behaves.

In PA, we've had some interesting weather the past few weeks. Including one
day where we had
an 82F warm spell.  Ripe for experimentation.  Here is what I discovered...

If it's 60F or below, the engine temp will struggle to get to 160F. No
matter how hard you get on it.

But on that 82F day, the temp easily went up to 180F.

This being the case.  I've decided not to install the thermostat.
I just don't drive the car enough in the cool weather.

It runs great with the new head.  I've lowered the CR a little, but the
bigger valves more
than make up for it.