[Spridgets] Alternator Conversion

cmlove at knology.net cmlove at knology.net
Mon Apr 8 08:07:26 MDT 2013

I know this has probably been beat to death, but I am converting my alternator
to a one wire GM alternator like the ones used on a 78 Camaro. I have read a
lot of internet pages that talk about having to take it apart and shift the
back of the case 180 degrees to get the mounting holes in a proper place for
mounting. Has anyone done this? Is it hard to do? I never have so Ibm a
little nervous about it.

Is there another alternator that is a direct fit or better fit that I should
be using?

Thanks for the help.

1972 Midget coming back together.

Monty Love