[Spridgets] Making a power washer from an air compressor.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 04:14:56 MDT 2012

WOW thank you thank you thank you for those links:
So there are 2 different types of power; air compressor have high volume,
low pressure, pressure washer have low volume, high pressure. Glad I didn't
buy any. Time to borrow or rent the power washer.

Great read:

Water pressure from a utility is generally around 70-80psi.

Typical air compressor pumps are high volume - low pressure design. Say
5CFM @ 100 PSI.

Typical pressure washer pumps are low volume - high pressure design. Say
0.25CFM @ 2000 PSI.

If you point a power washer into a bucket, it would fill very very slowly.

So there is no way to leverage an air compressor pump into a power washer.
Except to drive a low volume-high pressure water pump via air drive.

I don't know about Paul's electric unit I suppose the tags on the unit will
give the details as far as pressure and volume. As for the chemicals Billy
I can take my greasy stuff to the car wash as they have the engine cleaner
which I use 2 times a year so thanks for reminding me. But I was going to
clean the driveway also so I'll still need a power washer.

I LOVE you guys, you all are so helpful I am always learning something and
when it makes sense too it is a win win.

Lin