[Spridgets] Two Wheels Into the Sun

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 14:00:31 MDT 2012

I would be cruising on my bike today but NJ DMV has a new policy that you
can't turn in your old plates for new ones when your registration &
insurance have lapsed unless you get a letter from your insurance company
stating it has lapsed. They want you to purchase every year of registration
that you missed. So if your old bike has been in the garage for 20 years
you have to pay for each year of registration between the last registration
and the new one. They will not register a bike that has old plates. The
only way around it is to beg the insurance company for a letter or sell the
bike to your brother for $1. and then buy it back for $1. but you will
still have to pay for 2 titles and registration, what a scam. I will NOT
retire in NJ they are thieves. Looking forward to moving when I retire.
Lin