[Spridgets] Midget Mk I Interior Question

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Mon Sep 17 08:09:42 MDT 2012

Until recently, I had a NOS factory rubber tunnel cover for a Midget Mk I in the
original factory packaging, etc. On the left side was a circle over the area of
the transmission fill plug. Unlike the Sprite Mk I tunnel cover which has the
words "Lift To Fill", this circle was blank.

The tunnel cover was the variety which had the rough texture and a speckled
color finish, not the ribbed cover that was used in the Sprites.

Does anyone have direct knowledge whether all of the Mk I Midget tunnel covers
had a blank circle in this area or whether some had the wording "Lift To Fill"?

Ideally I would like to hear from someone with an original car with this same
tunnel cover or if someone could direct me to a pic on the internet, or possibly
a period picture. I've looked through my factory manuals, factory brochures, and
books on Sprites and Midgets and unfortunately none have pictures of the left
side of the mat.

Thanks in advance,

 jay fishbein
wallingford, ct