[Spridgets] Fuel tank modification help

Glen Byrns grbyrns at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:55:01 MDT 2012

I'm adding a dual outlet "blister" to the bottom of my bugeye's tank to cure
starvation to the EFI pump when cornering at low fuel levels. The add on from
Moroso is about 3" deep. Too deep for ground clearance me thinks. With my car
disassembled and off at the blaster, I can't get a good guess at how much to
cut down the piece before welding it on.
So the question for a bugeye owner is how many inches of diff you see below
the tank, looked at straight on from behind?  How many inches of depth added
to the middle bottom of the tank will look OK and have decent ground
clearance.    This is to get a more elegant fix than adding an external swirl
tank fed by a low pressure pump. Too much plumbing. Tank and "annex" are both
factory fresh, so save the safety lectures.
Thanks,
Glen Byrns