[Spridgets] Mileage to Rebuild

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Wed Sep 12 11:11:30 MDT 2012

Kirk,

A good rebuild should last 75K miles  or perhaps more.  Some times a valve job maybe needed at around 30K miles.

In my experience 1275's last  longer than 948s.  I use to rebuild 948's at 50K miles without having to bore the engine or grind the crank.  All the cars I knew that went to 60K miles had to do both so it made for a cheaper rebuild for me.

My 1275 has gone over 50K miles with no problems.

Bob and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)  - now in the garage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - now in the garage