[Spridgets] Unusually Bad Gas Mileage

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 14:16:31 MDT 2012

That doesn't sound like a DCOE or an SK.

khargreaves2 at gmail.com writes:

Thanks  for all the recommendations.

I made an adjustment to my accelerator  pump. .  I had it up too far.  Turn
righty is lessy and turn  lefty gives more pump out.  No doubt it was too
far to the rich side  when I would accelerate. My problem, if a little of
something is good, then  more must be better.

I have also been keeping my foot out of it.  .  this last tank.  Less sloppy
double clutches turd gear to  second. . . and it looks like my mileage has
jumped up considerably.   I will know when I fill it up again.

Although the car runs smooth I  think that it would be a good idea to
eventually pull the head and have  hardened seats installed.  I have never
checked compression . . need  to get a better compression checker and do so.
I have not been as  consistent as I should be adding lead additive.

More to come on what I  get from this next tank fill.

Thanks so much for all the good  info.

Kirk
(1275)