[Spridgets] Golden Age of Sports Cars thoughts

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 24 17:09:58 MDT 2012

But I'm sure he knows somebody who can tell him about those days.

I ran into an elderly British woman at the car show at Westown Manor (near
King Of Prussia, PA) earlier this year.

She was telling me about how her brother made a "Special' out of an old
Ford.  This might have been around the late 50's

Most of the sports cars were for export.  So a young guy with little money
had to improvise.

She was an interesting person to talk to.  Her brother eventually became a
physicist.

She indicated that there was a big brain drain in the UK after the war and
he eventually ended up in the USA (as did she).

I've heard and read a lot about early US hot rod culture, but I'd like to
know more about what these young Brits were up to.

  _____