[Spridgets] Generators--No LBC content

Derf derf247 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:53:05 MDT 2012

I suggest a military surplus Diesel set.  I have several.  They are heavy and
loud, though.  Most everything else is practically disposable.
Gas sets can be very thirsty.  Generac is OK.  The Honda EU inverters are very
good.

On Oct 23, 2012, at 2:05 PM, JohnD <johnsfolly at gmail.com> wrote:

> You guys always seem to know what to buy and what to avoid...
> Portable gas generator:  I've got a Cummins hooked to my house and it has a
> Chinese gasoline motor. It works okay but I was surprised when I saw the
> motor. Now I'm thinking of buying a generator for my farmer son to use as a
> back-up to run produce coolers in an emergency.  Costco has a 9500 watt
> generator on sale. But....it's got a Chinese motor and the machine is
> assembled in China.
>
> I know what Frank would have said.  But, what say you? Any recommendations?
> This is the item:

http://www.costco.com/Smarter-Tools-9500W-Portable-Generator-EPACARB.product.
100002774.html

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/derf247@gmail.com