[Spridgets] Projects update

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 12:17:10 MST 2012

While I'm not doing those things that I ought be doing I thought I'd post a
 quick project update.

4 auxillary gauge dash - The first one has been in the car a while.   The
2nd one has an almost complete binnacle section.  I need to do the work  now
to get the main part of the dash ready for the slightly longer binnacle
section.  I can't see this happening in the next week or so.

Lightened door striker plates (late type) - I finished 2 more the other
evening so have 4 finished + 2 on the car.  Of the 2 I am working on one is
close to being finished.  The dilemma is whether to see if I can get some
more really cheap and lighten those as well so I have a bigger batch to take
to  the platers, or just take a half dozen.  Plating cost will be #30+ based
on  the price the last time I asked.

Panhard rod - The new tower from Speedwell (Tom Colby) is on the  car and
the 2nd bracket for the axle pickup has been welded and also on the  car.
The rod is now level and the first drive with the old rod end  bearings felt
ok though admittedly the roads were wet and I didn't push  on.  I've since
fitted Aurora rod end bearings which are a superior design  to the old ones.
I've also fitted them with 'Seals-it' seals and just need  a nice dry day
for a test drive.

Weslake-Monza 1330