[Spridgets] 1973 MGB

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Sat Nov 24 13:24:59 MST 2012

Pretty much bullet-proof, when new.  Years of torture at the hands of idiot
owners & mechanics can be a challenge.............but no more than on a
Spridget.   Mechanically, they are nearly indestructible and all parts
needed for any mechanical rehab are readily available.  A recent Classic
Motorsports article called the MGB "the classic sports car deal of the
century".  I tend to agree.  Maybe not quite as much fun to attack back
roads with as a Spridget, but close enough to make them worth a look.
The B's unibody is immensely strong, even when heavily rusted.  All sheet
metal is still available, today, from British Motor Heritage, so virtually
ANY MGB unibody can be restored.  The '73s & '74s were really the best of
the post-67 MGBs and make wonderful touring cars.
If your friend is really serious, I suggest checking out the MG Experience
forums, as well as the "cars for sale" section.  There's a treasure trove of
knowledge and experience on there just for the asking.

Bud Osbourne