[Spridgets] Kyle owns his own MG now

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 19:53:28 MDT 2012

Many of you know my 16 year old son Kyle. He's been to a few OSHITs with me
over the past few years, and really has turned out to be quite the gearhead.
He performed his first solo engine pull over three years ago (from my Midget)
with only guidance from me and a couple of friends in the Long Island MG club.
He has also performed quite a few jobs on my car - and a couple on Larry's
Blue Phoenix if memory serves.

Not afraid to work (and make a few $$ to
put toward his first car), he has been helping his next-door neighbor quite a
bit recently. The neighbor is preparing to sell his house, so Kyle's been
cleaning up the house and yard. Last Saturday, after helping load a van with
jukeboxes and furniture to haul cross town, Chuck (the neighbor) told Kyle
that he wanted to give him one of his project cars - a 1975 MGB.

I don't
know that much about it yet as it is currently covered with bungee'd up tarps,
but it is a complete car that apparently "ran when parked". Kyle is thrilled
to say the least. It needs some minor rust repair (Kyle: "Cool! I can learn to
weld now") to the doglegs behind the doors. Not sure what else it needs yet,
but Kyle is ready to dive in and build himself a sportscar over the next few
months. With his determination - and barring any major pitfalls - he may just
pull it off and be driving it for part of his senior year in high school next
year.

I know it's not a Spridget, but hey - the price is right and the top
goes down!

Proud dad Dave,
Long Island