[Spridgets] Thermostat housing done

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Wed Mar 28 19:02:00 MDT 2012

Chris- It wouldn't do anything to the material unless it were at a
significantly lower temperature than ambient (say -100 C) and then impacted or
stressed. The process that I used was simply to pour the LN over the housing
to get the aluminum to shrink and break the seal with the head. That kept the
temperature of the studs still within a reasonable range of ambient.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
AN5L8016

I need a tool like that...

pardon my in experience with metallurgy, but could you have compromised the
strength of
the studs by doing that?  Just curious.

Chris