[Spridgets] Fuel & Fuel Additives

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 18 22:10:18 MDT 2012

I run lead additive.

The way I look at it is they have put hardened seats and better valve
materials
in modern engines for a reason.

The lead substitute is not very expensive; I think a bottle that treats
20 gallons cost $3.  Two or three of those bottles will do me for a season.

That's not a lot considering what it might avert, valves receding into the
head,
faster wear on the valve guides, etc...

It's not like they are selling the substitute because it doesn't do
anything.

I have seen worn valves out of an old 948 engine.  Valve faces do wear and
valve
guides wear faster.  If the additive can help reduce that then I think
it is worth it.