[Spridgets] I'm going crazy!!

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:03:28 MDT 2012

Ran into two snags and am absolutely stumped.  When the solution is
explained to me I know I'm going to have a "DUH!" moment.

1.)  Doors on a square body.  How the hell do you get the top inside door
molding off!!  I found one nut way up under the lip and I can get a 5/16
wrench on it just long enough for it to slip off when I try to turn it.
(#$*&#$@)   I have no idea where the other one is!  According to the parts
explosion there should be two studs on each door.  I do have a 9# sledge if
I lose my temper...... I also have a spare set of doors if necessary....

2.)  On the boot lid latch, there are two bolts and nuts apparently holding
the assemble to the boot lid.  Turning either nut also turns the bolt.
WTF??!!

One more thing....  The rust worm has gobbled up the front underside of my
bonnet.  I don't think it can be repaired.  I found a bonnet of unknown
condition in Nashua, Iowa. $275 including freight.  Is that too much?  Mo$$
wants $949 + S & H for a repro bonnet!
--
Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
bmwwxman at gmail.com

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.