[Spridgets] Power supply needed

Rick Fisk refisk at chartermi.net
Sat Mar 3 16:46:03 MST 2012

That's not true if the transformer is being used to directly charge a battery.
Battery packs have a current discharge rating and have to be recharged at a
specific rate.

For example, a couple of my RC radio packs have a current rating of 3600 mah.
The charging rate for these packs is 11 hours at 360 ma.  If you charge at a
higher rate the battery may be damaged.

If an electric device is supplied with a 300 ma transformer to be used as a
power supply then you're right Derf.  Any size transformer equal to or greater
than 300 ma will work just fine.

Rick

Sent from my keyboard