[Spridgets] Kyle's Summer Job

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 11:47:51 MDT 2012

Well, it's been about a week now. Kyle is absolutely LOVING his new summer
job. Luckily, my friend (who he works for) is loving having him there and says
Kyle is doing great work. In case you missed the initial email, my 16 year old
son Kyle is now working at a friend's body shop for the summer. The shop does
the occasional insurance-funded crash repair work, but mostly does
restorations, hotrods and customs. In the last few days, heB worked on theB  a
'63 Corvette convertible and the all steel (not a kit) body of a rumble seat
equipped '34 Ford roadster hotrod. They still have many hours of sanding and
prep time left on the '34 before it can go to the booth. There's also a
19fifty-something Chevy 4WD pickup in there for paint and body work. As of
yesterday, they were planning to start putting the front endB sheet
metalB back onto a chopped & channeled & sectioned & stretched '40 Ford custom
today.
Kyle is getting to work on interesting cars and learning the art of
body and paint workB from a truely talentedB perfectionist pro. He's supposed
to start learning to weld sometime this week. My friend toldB Kyle that later
in the summer, he'll be welcome to bring in his MGB and do the paint & body
work himself in the shop. (Kyle already also acquired enough BRG paint to
perform the color change on hisB burgandy colored car)
I told him last
night that I was jealous because he gets to play with cool cars all summer and
learn all kinds of stuff I know nothing about. He patted me on the shoulder
and said "It's OK dad, I promise I'll teach you everything I learn".
Wow -
I think I may have succeeded in cultivating another gearhead!
B - David
Long
Island