[Spridgets] More carb - fuel pipe question..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sat Jun 9 13:20:32 MDT 2012

Hi all,

So I was out running the Bugeye to see if I had fixed the overheating
problem.. oh yeah.. it was overheating.  Nope, not the theremostat, took it
out and checked in hot water, nope, not the hose, but I replaced it because it
was off to check the thermostat, it was, I believe, the belt.. VERY loose.
Anyway, while it was running I noticed this overpowering fuel smell..  leaking
at the fitting going into the top of the front carb.

Remember, this was a racing carb setup, lots of stainless hose, AQ fittings,
really beautiful.  Turns out that the threaded fitting that I assumed had been
screwed into the fuel bowl top was, in fact, only glued there.  I know this as
when I tried to tighten it up it just kept spinning and revealed the typical
fuel nipple underneath.. so what I would like from you fine folk are some
options for the fuel pipe.

What do you do for the pipe that goes from the pump to the two carbs?  Lots of
rubber hose and some pluming fitting for a "T"?

Hoping for something that has lots of metal and just a few inches of rubber
fuel line.

Thanks as always,

Lester