[Spridgets] Is this guy kidding? or is he just smoking something?

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 18:26:53 MDT 2012

It's a fair price.  There is little to nitpick with this car.
I wouldn't doubt that the owner has the original HS1's but just
opted not to install them.  I have mine, but I run the HS2's.

I don't care if he has a smoothcase or a ribcase but I would pay
more if he had a 5 speed conversion.  I'd rather drive my Sprite
to get to an event rather than tow a trailer queen with a smooth
case that I was afraid to put miles on.

The steering arms were painted yellow, but I don't think all the way, just
the end of the arms (subject for debate?).

A really good concours Bugeye will have the original floor/tunnel rubber
and the properly textured vinyl for the dash and seat covering.
The original floor and tunnel rubber is, for all practical purposes,
unobtanium.

The best car I have seen in this regard was that blue bugeye at the
Sprite jubilee that had the Judson supercharger in it.  The owner's name
escapes me right now (Eric?), but I believe he is in the MI Healey club.
That was the nicest Bugeye I have ever seen and I'll bet $23k would not even
get you close on that car.

You can see it here, go to pages 2 (exterior) & 13 (under bonnet and
interior)

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm135/brokencase_photos/jubilee/