[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

Chris King cbking at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Jul 30 18:42:26 MDT 2012

Porsche (and Mercedes, for that matter) actually uses the same alloy as
GM did. The problems with the Vega were inadequate cooling and poor
materials for the valve seals which caused a lot of smoking from oil
burning. Typical for GM, they finally got it right just before they
killed off the car.

The Cosworth engine could have been a real screamer, but Cosworth
themselves needed GM to strengthen the block for racing. GM wouldn't do
it (it would drive up the cost of the standard Vega), so Cosworth lost
interest and GM finished off the design.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/