[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

Biff Jones biffjones at verizon.net
Wed Jul 25 09:44:25 MDT 2012

Michael,

Here is one of Montana Bob's posts to the spridgets list.  Go to the
spridget archives and use montana bob as the search and you will get tons of
Montana Bob hits.

      To:  spridgets at autox.team.net
      Subject:  Stop the insanity
      From:  Eric Gillitzer aka Montana Bob <gillitze at cshl.org>
      Date:  Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:18:28 -0500
      Sender:  owner-spridgets at autox.team.net

I have been reading this list, and the healey list, for the better part of
three years now.  I have finally had it.  Both lists, in my opinion, have
degenerated from a useful place to post questions and answers to some sort
of sophomore-ish yak factory.  On a daily basis I throw out 60+ messages of
basically crap.  Anytime ANYONE has a comment or question, the same group
of 15-20 people all chime in and basically say "Me Too!!"  And then the
fights start as to whether the fastener to be
used/purchased/begged/cajoled/stolen or loaned to someone should be turned
3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 or 1 turn to tighten it, and then what color should it
be painted-silver, black, silver with black, black with silver, etc etc ad
naseum.  God, don't any of you have families to deal with or anything else
better to do(like go and work on your car)????  So, I'm logging off, never
to return.  I enjoy working on my car, and the list WAS a good source of
little known information, but I don't think it is anymore-as I said.  Too
bad.

eric.